Beresfield local centre is one of the first centres to be renewed in 2018 as part of Newcastle City Council’s local and neighbourhood centres program.
A public domain plan was developed for Beresfield local centre, which involved community consultation to identify issues and possible solutions. The plan also considered ongoing traffic issues within the centre.
This renewal project includes:
- A 40km/h zone and associated traffic calming devices to reduce speed and increase safety
- Road and pedestrian lighting upgrade, including lighting to the railway station
- Drainage renewal and rain garden which will improve the quality of water run-off that enters Hexham Wetlands
- New site appropriate street trees
- New street furniture, including seats, bike racks and bins
- New kerb, gutter and footpath
- Renewed road pavement
- Retention of on street parking
- Free WiFi.
Construction commenced in March 2018 and will be carried out in stages. It is anticipated the project will be completed be the end of 2018, weather permitting. Our project and civil works team will work closely with businesses and residents to minimise disruptions during construction.
Watch our 3D fly-through video showing what the refurbished local centre will look like once complete.