Amendment to Newcastle LEP 2012
Comments are invited on a planning proposal to amend Newcastle LEP 2012 - boundary adjustments to Cooks Hill, Hamilton South Garden Suburb and The Hill Heritage Conservation Areas.
The planning proposal is to:
- Adjust the boundaries of the existing heritage conservation areas at Cooks Hill, Hamilton South Garden Suburb and The Hill to add properties, and delete the controls for the site to be incorporated into the existing heritage conservation areas relating to floor space ratio and building height in those areas
- Adjust the boundary of an existing heritage conservation area at Cooks Hill to delete properties.
Public Exhibition period
The planning proposal is on public exhibition from Monday 27 May until Tuesday 25 June 2019
and is available for viewing in hard copy at:
- The City Administration Centre, 282 King Street, Newcastle
- Newcastle Region Library, Laman Street, Newcastle
- Hamilton Library, James Street, Newcastle
The following document is available for comment
- Gateway Determination dated 6 May 2019 (pdf)
- Council resolution and report (pdf) and the following Appendices to the Planning Proposal (pdf)
- Appendix A: Site address details (pdf)
- Appendix B: Review of Heritage Conservation Areas - Final Report June 2016 (pdf)
- Appendix C: Newcastle Development Control Plan 2012 - Section 6.02 – Current Version adopted March 2019 (pdf)
- Appendix D: Newcastle Development Control Plan 2012 - Draft Section 6.02 - Public Exhibition Version, April and May 2019 (pdf)
Written comments should be sent by
or mail to:
Chief Executive Officer
City of Newcastle
Attention: Tom Smith
PO Box 489
NEWCASTLE NSW 2300
by close of business on Tuesday 25 June 2019. Please reference 'Boundary adjustments - Existing Heritage Conservation Areas' in the title of your submission.
Tom Smith 4974 2856.