The Draft Joslin Street Kotara Public Domain and Traffic Plan
The community were invited to complete an online survey in December 2017 to provide feedback about Joslin Street. View the snapshot of results (pdf)
Public Exhibition period
City of Newcastle is developing a Public Domain and Traffic Plan for Joslin Street Kotara Local Centre. The draft plan is on exhibition from Monday 29 April until Monday 27 May 2019 and is also available for viewing in hard copy at:
- The City Administration Centre, 282 King Street, Newcastle.
The following documents are available for comment
The Draft Joslin Street Kotara Public Domain and Traffic Plan includes the following proposals:
- Additional footpath connections
- A pedestrian refuge facilitating safer crossing of Joslin Street by pedestrians
- Re-alignment of the intersection of Rae Crescent with Joslin Street to make traffic movements safer
- Removal of the existing slip lane between Joslin Street and Rae Crescent to create a larger and more accessible green triangle space
- A community Placemaking project for the green triangle, to collaborate with the community on the usage and design of the space, including opportunities for landscaping and new trees
- Relocation of the eastbound bus stop and provision of an indented bus pull in bay for improved traffic safety at the proposed pedestrian refuge
- Removal of existing trees to facilitate relocation of the eastbound bus stop and redesign of the green triangle
- Relocation of the westbound bus stop for improved traffic safety at the proposed pedestrian refuge
- Relocation of the mail zone and post box to a more accessible location
- Removal of existing temporary speed cushions from the proposed westbound bus stop and installation of permanent speed cushions between 35 and 24 Joslin Street
- Extension of the no stopping zone opposite 32 Joslin Street facilitating sightlines for vehicles exiting the one way shopping centre access lane
- Provision of a disabled parking space outside the shops
- New angle parking spaces on Rae Crescent with connectivity to the shops via the pedestrian refuge.
Complete the survey
Protecting your privacy: City of Newcastle (CN) is committed to protecting your privacy. We take reasonable steps to comply with relevant legislation and CN policy. Purpose of collecting personal details: We are collecting this information to determine the local community’s views and opinions on the proposal outlined. Intended recipients: Information provided as part of the consultation will be used as part of the investigation into the proposal, and may be included in future reports on the issue. Storage and security: Information provided will be stored on our databases and will be subject to our information and privacy policies. Access: Individuals can access data to check accuracy by contacting us on 4974 2000.
Written comments should be sent by
The Chief Executive Officer
City of Newcastle
Attention: Acting Asset Planning Coordinator
PO Box 489
NEWCASTLE NSW 2300
by close of business on Monday 27 May 2019. Please reference 'Draft Joslin Street Kotara Public Domain and Traffic Plan' in the title of your submission.
Sarah Horan 4974 2151.