The purpose of the 'Council Support for Arts and Cultural Organisations in Newcastle' funding program is to support not-for-profit arts and cultural organisations in Newcastle to be sustainable through developing projects for the city. The focus is on:
- Enabling arts and cultural organisations to create and co-present arts and cultural projects with Council in a model that supports organisational sustainability
- Building professional relationships and capacity within organisations
- Creating a funding base in a form that organisations can leverage with other funding providers.
The project based funding opportunity involves up to three years funding, on a 1+1+1 basis.
There are two key stages
- Expression of Interest (EOI): An EOI is submitted by the applicant organisation. This is assessed by the Review Panel and short-listed applicants invited to submit a full project proposal.
- Full Proposal: Invited applicants submit a full project proposal with greater depth of detail and documentation. This is assessed by the Review Panel and agreements with up to three selected applicant organisations will be offered for the 2017/2018 financial year.
Funding is open to Newcastle LGA resident not-for-profit arts and cultural organisations seeking in-kind and financial assistance from Council who produce arts and cultural programming and are interested in collaborating with Council.
See the full eligibility in our Policy - Council Support for Arts and Cultural Organisations in Newcastle
In 2017-2018 financial year the total cash and in-kind budget is $150,000 and a maximum of three organisations will enter into an agreement with Council. An organisation may apply for up to $70,000 per year. These agreements of up to a maximum of three years will have annual milestones for the release of funds.
Expression of interest applications have closed for 2017-2018.