The purpose of the 'Council Support for Arts and Cultural Organisations in Newcastle' funding program is to support not-for-profit arts and cultural organisations in Newcastle to be sustainable through developing projects for the city. The focus is on:
- Enabling arts and cultural organisations to create and co-present arts and cultural projects with Council in a model that supports organisational sustainability
- Building professional relationships and capacity within organisations
- Creating a funding base in a form that organisations can leverage with other funding providers.
The project based funding opportunity involves up to three years funding on a 1+1+1 basis.
There are two key stages
- Expression of Interest (EOI): An EOI is submitted by the applicant organisation. This is assessed by the Review Panel and short-listed applicants invited to submit a full project proposal.
- Full Proposal: Invited applicants submit a full project proposal with greater depth of detail and documentation. This is assessed by the Review Panel and agreements with selected applicant organisations will be offered.
Funding is open to Newcastle LGA resident not-for-profit arts and cultural organisations seeking in-kind and financial assistance from Council who produce arts and cultural programming and are interested in collaborating with Council.
See the full eligibility in our Policy - Council Support for Arts and Cultural Organisations in Newcastle
In the 2018 - 2019 financial year the total cash and in-kind budget is $100,000 and a maximum of two organisations will enter into an agreement with Council. An organisation may apply for up to $70,000 per year. These agreements of up to three years will have annual deliverables for the release of funds. The budget is subject to the final adoption of the annual budget by Council for the 2018-2019 fiscal year.
Expression of Interest applications are open until 5pm, Monday 26 March 2018. Apply here
A workshop for potential applicants will be held on Tuesday 27 February, 5.30 - 7pm in the Newcastle Room, City Hall, Newcastle. Please RSVP by Monday 26 February to firstname.lastname@example.org