The Make Your Place Community Grant Program provides grants up to $2,000 (GST exclusive) for community projects.
The 2017 grant rounds close 6pm Monday 27 March and Monday 21 August 2017.
On how to apply view the Place Making Policy (pdf) and Make your Place Community Grant Criteria (pdf).
To be eligible for consideration, your application needs to:
- Relate to public space within the Newcastle Local Government area.
- Be proposed by a group of at least three people, not by an individual.
- Applications for a repeat project in the same location, in consecutive grant rounds will not be supported.
- Show evidence of matching the value of the grant through either in-kind support or $ contribution.
- Show evidence of local community involvement and/or local business partnership
- Deliver place activation
- Deliver community benefit.
Download the Make Your Place Grant Application (pdf) form to apply for a grant.
Download the Project Achievements (pdf) form to find out what we would like you to tell us when you have finished your project.