Social Events at Fort Scratchley
Thank you for considering the magnificent historic Fort Scratchley for your party, school formal or celebration.
With breathtaking panoramic views over Newcastle and some of the best photographic opportunities our city has to offer, Fort Scratchley is an idyllic location for your special occasion.
Our experienced and professional staﬀ will work closely with you to ensure your day is memorable. Do not hesitate to contact us on 02 4974 2166 for a tour of our rooms, to request a personalised quote or further information.
Choose between the contemporary Function Centre or the historic Barracks for your event. Browse our Social Event Venues page for images and capacity sizes.
Location & Parking
Fort Scratchley is located right at the tip of Newcastle East looking out over the Nobbys Headland. There is public parking onsite, and a dedicated functions & events car park.
Food and Beverage
Blue Star Catering are the award-winning onsite caterers at Fort Scratchley. Their focus is on quality food and beverage items as well as seamless service to ensure your guests have the best possible experience. Browse Blue Star Catering menus and beverage packages.
School Formal Packages
Fort Scratchley is a stunning location for your School Formal - with incredible views from the Function Centre over the ocean, or the panoramic views from high up in the grounds of the Fort. Our School Formal Package will ensure that you can enjoy this incredible location with a quality menu, on trend DJ and decorations to match. For more information, please see our package here.
Decoration and Styling
Cupid's Corner Wedding and Event Hire are the preferred decorators at Fort Scratchley. Cupids offer an elegant range of options with fantastic service.
Booking your Event
Please contact our Venue Services team on 02 4974 2166 or email firstname.lastname@example.org to discuss times, dates and any special requirements.
Some things for you to consider when making your booking:
- Events at Fort Scratchley must cease by Midnight (Friday & Saturday) & 10pm (Sunday-Thursday) in order to adhere to DA restrictions.
- We will hold a tentative booking for seven days.
- Bookings will be considered conﬁrmed upon receipt of a signed agreement and payment of the full venue hire charge.
- Final guest numbers and full payment of food and beverage is required seven days prior to your function.
- Cancellations must be in writing and posted, faxed or emailed to: Address: Newcastle Venues, PO Box 489, Newcastle, NSW 2300, Fax: 02 4974 2172, Email: email@example.com