Before you apply for a position please read the position description (available immediately following the advertisement) carefully to assess your eligibility and suitability for the position.
You will not be asked to address all of the criteria. You will be required to answer a few questions that relate to the criteria on the online application.
Newcastle City Council operates a merit-based recruitment process.
Preparing your Application
To apply for a vacancy at Council please apply electronically and complete the online application form, attaching your resume.
- You can only attach one document with your application. If you include a cover letter with your CV please ensure that all the information is included in the one document
- There is no need to prepare a selection criteria, just answer the questions on the application page
- Answer the questions clearly and directly referring to your previous knowledge and experience.
Completed applications must be received before midnight on the advertised closing date.
Note to Applicants
All applications received will become the property of Newcastle City Council.
If you are short listed for interview you will be contacted by email, usually within 4 weeks of the advertised closing date. You will be advised of the interview date, time and venue.
What to bring to the interview
You will need to bring with you:
- Any relevant qualifications, both original and photocopies; and
- Proof of your Right to Work in Australia, which is either your current passport OR birth certificate AND drivers licence, both original and photocopies.
Q. I’m interested in working at Newcastle City Council in a temporary outdoor position. How can I apply?
A. If you are interested in working in a temporary or contract labour outdoor position please contact LabourCo at Suite 3B, Ground Floor Hunter Trades Hall Council 406-408 King Street, Newcastle West NSW 2302 - Phone (02) 4910 0131.
Q. I want to make a general application for future positions. How can I do this?
A. We do not consider or keep on record applications that are not directed towards a current vacancy.
Q. Where do I find the selection criteria?
A. The selection criteria is found at the end of the Position Description.
For general recruitment enquiries
Email: email@example.com or phone: (02) 4974 2324.