Under certain circumstances residents and ratepayers are provided the opportunity to voice their opinions or concerns directly to Councillors during a Public Voice or Public Briefing session at a Council meeting.
The purpose of the Public Voice or Public Briefing sessions are to:
- Allow Council to hear directly from affected parties of their concerns regarding proposed developments and also to hear from the developers in response.
- Allow individuals or organisations to present information about issues relevant to local government.
- Promote balanced decision making.
The Council does not make decisions at a Public Voice or Public Briefing session. The sessions are an opportunity for discussion only.
Applying for Public Voice
You will need to complete the Public Voice and Public Briefing Application Form (pdf) indicating what you wish to speak about.
If your application is approved, you will be advised of the scheduled date together with general information about making your presentation.
Information on previous Public Voice and Public Briefing applications can be viewed by opening the relevant documents below:
- Public Voice Determination - Development Applications (pdf)
- Public Voice Determination - Leading Issues (pdf)