We provide an Assisted Household Collection Service for residents who, through age, a medical condition or disability, are unable to place their waste bins on the street for collection.
This service will include the collection of the bins from, and their return to, an agreed location within the resident’s property.
To be eligible for the Service, a resident must:
- Complete all sections of this application including written consent for City of Newcastle and / or its Contractors to access the property and indemnifying City of Newcastle and / or its Contractors against all claims arising from the delivery of the service.
- Provide a current medical certificate / letter from a general practitioner or other relevant medical professional, indicating the resident is unable to place their bins at the kerbside for collection (note that this cost is to be borne by the applicant).
- Return the fully completed form to City of Newcastle, including all attachments.
- Satisfy City of Newcastle that the property meets our health and safety requirements.
- Once this application is submitted, we will arrange an on-site inspection of the property to approve the site and identify where bins will be accessed from and returned to.
- Please note that the service shall not commence until the application is approved by City of Newcastle.
- Please ensure that the best contact phone number/s are provided to facilitate the on-site inspection.
Terms and Conditions
- Where the property is assessed by City of Newcastle as not meeting our health and safety requirements, the applicant shall not be provided with a service and the resident shall need to make alternative arrangements.
- Assisted service approvals are not transferable.
- The applicant (or nominee) must advise us if the service is no longer required, or if circumstances change.
- City of Newcastle may place an identification tag (or similar) on the bin/s to assist in identifying the bin/s.
- The bin/s collection site must be visible from the front of the property. City of Newcastle and / or its Contractors will not enter back yards, outdoor areas or the rear of dwellings to collect bin/s.
- If City of Newcastle forms the view that circumstances may have changed at the service property, we may investigate as to whether there continues to be a need for the service. The approval is valid for a maximum period of 2 years from the date of commencement of the service to the property. City of Newcastle shall send the applicant a reminder notice prior to the expiration of the approval requesting an additional application from the resident for the service to continue.
Send completed forms to:
City of Newcastle
Attn: Waste Management
PO Box 489
Newcastle NSW 2300
or email to email@example.com