Pre-Development Application Services
Two services are provided by Council, to assist you with your Pre-Development Application (pre-DA) enquires.
1. Development and Building Advisory Service - (The Duty Officer)
Council provides a Development and Building Advisory Service where free advice is provided either over the phone or in person at Council's Offices. We encourage you to make an appointment by phoning 4974 2000.
To ensure you make the most of your time with the Duty Officer, it is recommended that you review the LEP maps applicable to the site and relevant sections of the DCP.
2. Council's Pre-DA Advisory Service - Pre-DA Application
A Pre-DA application is not mandatory. Applicants for medium and large developments are encouraged to use this service to assist in lodgement of a complete and comprehensive application resulting in quicker processing times.
The service may also assist applicants for dwelling houses that are impacted by heritage controls.
Council will assess the information provided and provide advice by way of a letter, identifying any relevant issues to be addressed.
We may consider it appropriate to meet with you regarding your proposal. In this instance, a Council Officer will contact you to organise.
Lodging an application
Complete an application form and supply the following electronic documentation.
- Concept plans, drawn to scale and elevations.
- A brief decision of all development options considered (not required for single dwelling houses)
- A statement describing the proposal and comparison with controls. It is recommended this is presented in a table format comparing the proposal to Council's codes, policies and planning instruments (not required for single dwelling houses)
- It is recommended that photographs of the site and the surrounding streetscape be provided
- The application fee as specified on the application form.
What you will receive?
Within 21 days of the application being lodged you will receive written advice that outlines:
- The statutory matters that will considered during the assessment of a development application, including classification of development according to the Environmental Planning and Assessment Act (the Act), options for integrated development, applicable planning controls, submission requirements and methods of determination that apply to the proposal.
- Specific matters that are considered to warrant further detail, consideration or amendments prior to the submission of a development application.