City of Newcastle Events
Check out some questions and answers below, or send us your question to firstname.lastname@example.org
Event submission guidelines
For your event to be listed on our event calendar, events must:
- Be open to the general public
- Have broad appeal to the city's community and visitors
- Be submitted by the event organiser or authorised agent
- Not be a professional development course
- Not be part of qualification coursework
- Not be a study
- Not be promoting a business
- Not be a call for volunteers
- Not raise awareness for a campaign without a specific venue
- Not be an online-only event
- Not be a political party fundraiser
- Be specific, finalised and confirmed prior to submission. Events with dates or locations yet to be announced cannot be listed
- City of Newcastle is not obliged to list events submitted here and reserves the right to edit or decline any event
- Content submitted, including images, is subject to review by our editors
- Having editors review submissions helps to ensure listings are consistent with our style, guidelines are followed and pages are of a high quality. That means maximum readership for your event.
Image specifications and privacy
Photos make your listing more attractive and enable your business or event to be featured. When adding photos, please ensure:
- They are free of text or marketing messages
- They accurately represent your business or event
- You own the copyright or have permission from the copyright owner
- You have permission from any people that can be identified in the image
- If children are identifiable, you have written consent from their parent/guardian
- They are taken in a lawful, fair and direct manner.
Landscape-orientated photos work best. We accept jpg, png and gif file types.
Image file sizes cannot be larger than 2mb. Each event must have 1 main image (thumbnail)
. You may upload up to 5 additional images.
||Displays on Event Listing page in Grid or Detailed view
How long does it take for event to be approved
We aim to review all submissions within 48 hours - Events submitted on a Saturday or Sunday will be reviewed the following Monday.
Do you confirm events taking place?
Event confirmation is the responsibility of the organiser.
How can I make an edit to an event once I have submitted
You can email us at email@example.com
with your changes.
Who manages this site
What’s On is curated by Council staff.
We have a range of social media accounts that you can connect with - learn about and interact with your local community or sign up
to one of our newsletters to keep up to date with news and events in Newcastle.
View our Privacy Statement