The City of Newcastle (CN) has placed our Live Music Strategy on public exhibition and encourages feedback. Live music has been making a positive contribution to the Newcastle community and night time economy for more than forty years.
We’ve aimed to foster new talent, support venues and audiences against a backdrop of social and built environment changes. To reinforce the contribution live music makes to our city, we’ve undertaken research and engaged with the community to develop a range of practical actions to improve Newcastle's live music sector.
In collaboration with partner agencies and individuals we aim to:
- Sustain and grow the live music element of Newcastle’s night time economy as described in CN’s Newcastle After Dark Strategy 2018-2022
- Manage the impacts of live music on residents and the community without compromising the viability of the city’s live music precincts and venues
- Facilitate opportunities for the all age music sector to nurture emerging local talent and provide career pathways in the live music sector
- Provide safe live music participation opportunities for young audiences in Newcastle
- Activate the city centre and growth corridors through the delivery of live performance in a range of indoor and outdoor venues and settings.
Ways to have your say
Let us now if we're on the right track. Are the actions we have proposed going to achieve the aims of the Strategy?
Take the opportunity to:
Alternatively, you can email a written submission to firstname.lastname@example.org
Postal submissions can be sent to:
The Chief Executive Officer
City of Newcastle
Attention: Community Planning Team Coordinator (Project Manager)
PO Box 489
Newcastle NSW 2300
Reference 'Live Music Strategy' in the title for emailed and posted submissions.
The public exhibition period closes 5pm Monday 25 February 2019.