Our Budget 2019/20
Over the next month the City of Newcastle (CN's) Our Budget 2019/20
is on public exhibition. You're invited to review the plan and our proposed actions and projects.
CN's combined Delivery Program 2018-2022 and Operational Plan 19/20 shows an integrated approach and are known as Our Budget 2019/20. The public exhibition is open until Friday 24 May 2019
The budget is CN's response to the Newcastle 2030 Community Strategic Plan (CSP)
and demonstrates commitment to our community on what we will do. CN is focused on continuing the revitalisation of our wonderful city, while focusing strongly on environmental sustainability.
A few of the highlights in Our Budget include:
- $2.5 million towards graduate, apprentice and trainee recruitment
- $13.8 million on-road infrastructure projects
- $10.8 million toward Newcastle Library services and upgrades
- $14.8 million on our cultural facilities ($2.3 million on Newcastle Art Gallery, $2.3 million on Newcastle Museum, $8 million on Civic Theatre)
- $21.6 million on City Parks and Recreation ($20 million in services and $1.6 million in capital investment)
- $2 million on Smart City projects
- $12.35 million Organics Recycling Facility
- $6 million Recycling Recovery Centre
- $5 million towards replacing outdated fleet
- $1.5 million towards improving development application processing.
Have your say
You are invited to review the draft documents and to have your say. Our Budget is available in the Document Library section on your right (or below if you are using a mobile device).You're encouraged to review the document and provide your views by :
Alternatively, you can reference 'Our Budget 2019/20' in the title for emailed and postal submissions.
The Chief Executive Officer
City of Newcastle
Attention: Corporate Strategist
PO Box 489
Newcastle NSW 2300
The public exhibition period closes 5pm Friday 24 May 2019.
Protecting your privacy
The City of Newcastle is committed to protecting your privacy. We take reasonable steps to comply with relevant legislation and policy.
Purpose of collecting personal details: We are collecting this information to determine the local community’s views and opinions on the proposal outlined.
Intended recipients: Information provided as part of the consultation will be used as part of the investigation into the proposal, and may be included in future reports on the issue.
Storage and security: Information provided will be stored on our database and will be subject to our information and privacy policies.
Access: Individuals can access data to check accuracy by contacting us.