Planning Newcastle 2040: Global City, Local Character
We all know that our city is changing. To assist this transformation into a global city, we’re developing a Local Strategic Planning Statement (LSPS). The LSPS will shape our land-use planning priorities to meet community needs and build on our Newcastle 2030 Community Strategic Plan. Our planning priorities will identify the focus of future strategic planning work in Newcastle.
We're also available at the following community drop-in sessions that you can attend at anytime during the listed hours:
We’d like your help in preparing our vision and LSPS, so get involved until Wednesday 11 September 2019 by:
- Wallsend Winter Fair (Sunday 11 August 2019 9.30am to 3pm) look for the our marquee
- TAFE at Tighes Hill (Wednesday 14 August 2019 1pm to 4pm) we will be in Building S in the library foyer
- Newcastle Pride Fair (Saturday 24 August 2019 11am to 1pm) look for our marquee
- University of Newcastle NEWspace (Wednesday 4 September 2019 10am to 12 noon) we will be in the foyer
- Newcastle Library Laman Street (Wednesday 4 September 2019 5pm to 7pm) we will be in the foyer
- Olive Tree Markets and our Library Laman Street (Saturday 7 September 2019 10am to 1pm). We will be in the foyer at the library.
To read more about the LSPS and our vision read our summary booklet.