Council is mindful of the benefits of active transport and aims to increase the number of trips by walking, cycling and public transport. Fewer car trips translate to improved amenity in our neighbourhoods.
Lower Hunter Transport Guide
In conjunction with other Lower Hunter councils, Newcastle City Council has developed a transport guide for the region. The Lower Hunter Transport Guide provides comprehensive information about all the public transport services in the region.
The Lower Hunter Transport Guide features:
- Maps showing train lines, railway stations, bus routes, interchange locations and off-road shared paths
- Information about fares and ticketing
- Information about community transport
- Information about public transport services to key educational and health facilities in the Lower Hunter
- Contact details for operators.
Throughout the Guide, there are references to Transport Info, which can be contacted on 131500 or www.transportnsw.info
, for information on trip planning, train and bus timetables and more.
Transport Access Guides
The transport access guides below offer some useful information about how to get to various destinations in Newcastle by walking, cycling or using public transport.