A self-haul voucher entitles the user to drop off up to two (2) cubic metres of household bulk waste at Summerhill Waste Management Centre and is subject to the following conditions:
1. Voucher can only be used by a resident that lives at the address to which the voucher is issued. Proof of occupancy, such as a current driver licence, must be presented when redeeming voucher. A recent utility bill or rates notice may be used as proof of occupancy providing the mailing address on the bill/notice matches the property address printed on the voucher.
2. Voucher and proof of occupancy must be presented upon entry to Summerhill Waste Management Centre, is valid for one use only and is not transferable or redeemable for cash.
3. Voucher cannot be used after the expiry date shown above, and cannot be returned or renewed. If voucher is not used by the expiry date, the bulk waste entitlement for the property address will be forfeited.
4. Replacement vouchers will not be issued under any circumstances.
5. Voucher may be used in conjunction with up to one additional voucher issued to the same property address .
6. Voucher is valid for waste generated from residential properties only - not commercial waste. Acceptable waste items are outlined below.
7. Waste must be transported in a passenger vehicle (sedan/station wagon), utility, van or a trailer equivalent to 1.8m x 1.2m (6’x4’) loaded up to one metre high. If using a trailer, “hungry boards” or cages must not be attached. If larger loads or items are presented, additional fees and charges will apply.
8. User must obey the terms and conditions of site entry, including wearing covered footwear at all times.
9. User will be expected to sort their waste into the appropriate containers on site, as instructed by staff.
Acceptable waste items
Option One - Mixed Waste. Items such as:
- Household appliances and whitegoods, including fridges, freezers, air conditioners, washing machines, dryers, hot water systems and microwaves.
- Green waste, including grass clippings, prunings and branches.
- Beds, lounges, mattresses, other furniture items and toys.
- Carpet and linoleum.
- Building and renovation waste, concrete rubble and soil/dirt.
- Tools, car parts, empty tins and drums (lids off).
- Tyres, wheels, car batteries and gas bottles.
- Household rubbish and recyclables.
- Glass items, mirrors and windows (broken or whole).
Option Two - Asbestos
- Up to 100kg of asbestos only.
You must pre-book asbestos waste 24 hours prior to disposal on 4985 6600. Bookings can be made between 8.30am and 4pm on weekdays. Normal charges will apply for quantities above 100kg.
Please note: Loads of asbestos waste over 100kg or more than 10 square metres of asbestos sheeting must be registered with the NSW Environment Protection Authority, using the online “WasteLocate” tool, before transporting them to Summerhill.
Unacceptable waste items
The following items will not be accepted:
- Hazardous solids (with the exception of asbestos wastes, as outlined under Option Two above) or liquids e.g. chemicals, paint and motor oil.
- Quantities greater than two (2) cubic metres or the equivalent of a 1.8m x 1.2m (6’x4’) trailer loaded up to one metre high.