New Year's Eve
- 9pm display
- best viewing location is the Honeysuckle precinct
Head to the western end of the Honeysuckle precinct to the Lee Wharf car park which will be transformed with live music, kids activities and more.
4pm - DJ Guy Tarento
5pm - Jordan Millar
6pm - James Bennett
7pm - La Mar
8pm - Fanny Lumsden and The Thrillseekers
9pm - Fireworks
4pm to 7pm - Circus workshops and face painters
On the water
7pm and 9pm - Tug boat demos
In the air
4pm and 6pm - Aerial demos
Newcastle Museum - A night with bite!
Get your teeth into some good old fashioned fun at our special annual New Year’s Eve event. See amazing creatures in our blockbuster Permian Monster: Life before the dinosaursexhibition, try a game of Ammonite Twister, find the frog hidden in the Museum to win a prize and meet some amazing animals from Blackbutt Reserve. Bring a picnic to enjoy on our lawn before you wander over to the harbour for the 9pm fireworks.
When: 5 – 8.30pm
When: Wednesday 31 December
Entry: Free. Face painting $5pp
No need to book, just drop in!
Stockton is a fantastic vantage point to watch the 9pm fireworks on New Year’s Eve. Parking is permitted on the Ballast Ground from 9am on New Year’s Eve, Tuesday 31 December. Camping (tents) is NOT permitted.
Full road closure - 6pm to 10pm, Wednesday 31 December 2014
• Wharf Road, between Watt Street and Horseshoe Beach Road
• Honeysuckle Drive, between Merewether Street and Worth Place
Half Road Closure - westbound only - 6pm to 10pm, 31 December 2014
• Honeysuckle Drive, between Hannell Street and Worth Place.
Trains from both Sydney and the Upper Hunter will start and finish at Broadmeadow Station. Newcastle shuttle buses (Route 110) replace train services between Broadmeadow and Newcastle stations. Trains will run to a timetable similar to the NSW TrainLink weekend timetable every day.Find out more
- Special event buses will operate from Broadmeadow Station to the Honeysuckle side of Wickham station.
- Newcastle Buses terminate and depart in Scott St near The Great Northern Hotel
- Phone 131500
Other Bus Services
- Terminate and depart in Watt St opposite The Metro Apartment’s
- Port Stephens Coaches Ph 49 822940
- Greyhound Australia Ph 13 14 99
- Hunter Valley Buses Ph 02 49 357 200
- Sid Fogg’s Coaches Ph 02 4928 1088
- McCafferty’s Coaches Ph 13 14 99
- Busways Coaches Ph 1800 043 263
- A managed taxi rank will operate in Wharf Road opposite Scratchley’s Restaurant
- Newcastle taxis or 133 300
- 02 4974 2300 The City of Newcastle
- 02 4929 0999 Newcastle Police