The City of Newcastle is not able to offer a heritage assistance scheme this year (2013), although grants are available for improvements to facades and buildings in the City Centre. For further information about this scheme please follow this link City Centre facade Improvement Scheme.
2013-2015 NSW Heritage Grants
- Funding for 2013-14 heritage projects - Applications open on Monday 15 April 2013
- Funding for 2014-15 heritage projects - Applications open in October 2013
The Minister for Heritage is pleased to launch the 2013-2014 NSW Heritage Grants funding program. The NSW Government has committed $5.96 million funding to the 2013-2015 NSW Heritage Grants. We are pleased to notify you about funding opportunities to assist heritage projects.
NSW Heritage Grants aims to recognise and protect the State’s most significant heritage places and values to ensure future generations can enjoy them.
For further details about the program, details and applications forms go to the Heritage Council webpage .
Applications are now invited for:
- Aboriginal heritage projects for a range of Aboriginal cultural heritage projects. Minimum projects $20,000; grants up to $100,000. Closing date Monday 3 June 2013
- Major works projects for conservation, maintenance and adaptive reuse of State Heritage Register listed items. Minimum projects $80,000, grants between $40,000 and $150,000. Closing date Monday 3 June 2013
- Heritage reports for the preparation of a range of documents and reports to assist the conservation and management of State Heritage Register listed items. Minimum grants $10,000 for $10,000+ projects. Closing date Monday 3 June 2013
- Local government heritage advisors funding to local councils across NSW to engage heritage specialist advice for local communities to manage their heritage. Grants up to $7,500 to engage heritage specialist advice. Closing date Monday 3 June 2013
- Local heritage places grants funding to local councils across NSW for small grants for local works projects. Grants up to $8,500 for distribution for community heritage projects. Closing date Monday 3 June 2013
- Local government heritage planning studies funding to local councils across NSW for the preparation of a range of documents and reports to assist the conservation and management of heritage items and LGA-wide planning studies. Closing date Monday 3 June 2013.
Applications are also invited throughout the year for:
- Emergency works projects funding for emergency projects for State Heritage Register and heritage items with a current Interim Heritage Order. Minimum grants $10,000 for $10,000+ projects.
For further assistance with your project, please contact Victoria Throp on phone 02 9873 8577 or email firstname.lastname@example.org