Check here for information about temporary road closures or activities that impact on traffic conditions in Newcastle.
Council will make every effort to ensure disruptions to traffic, businesses, pedestrians and residents are minimised during works.
Temporary Road Closures
Council wishes to advise the following streets will be temporarily closed to vehicular traffic to conduct the event listed below. The closures are in accordance with Roads Act, 1993, Part 8, Division 1.
Carols by Candlelight
- York Drive, Newcastle between Reserve Road and the Terrace
- The Terrace and Cliff Street, The Hill between Bingle Street and High Street
will be temporarily closed to vehicular traffic between the hours of 3-10pm on Friday 13 December 2013.
Woodlands Close Hexham
Woodlands Close Hexham, between the New England Highway and the southern end will be closed to vehicular traffic from Monday 4 November 2013 to Sunday 2 November 2014 to allow for construction activities for the Hexham Roads Relief Project.
Other road and traffic conditions information
Hunter Expressway eastern section (F3 Freeway to Kurri Kurri) - Closure of Newcastle off-ramp from F3 Freeway
- Hunter Expressway eastern section (M1 Pacific Motorway to Kurri Kurri) Construction activities - out of hours work (929.41 KB)
- Hunter Expressway eastern section (F3 to Kurri Kurri) - Construction Update - July 2013 (1.31 MB)
Major construction on the Hunter Expressway is continuing and this is to inform you about the temporary closure of the Newcastle off-ramp from the F3 Freeway. As part of the Hunter Expressway, the existing Newcastle interchange will be upgraded with new exit/entry ramps and bridges. To allow this work to proceed, the RTA and its alliance partners will be temporarily closing the Newcastle off-ramp from the northbound carriageway of the F3 Freeway. The closure will be in place from 12 August for a period of twelve months, weather permitting.
- Download an information sheet about the project (436.25kb).