Community Assistance Program
The CAP supports community-led initiatives that have:
- a community benefit for the people of Newcastle and/or
- an economic benefit for the city or local business precincts.
The program supports a diverse range of community projects. These activities bring people together, express cultural values, help those in need, protect the environment, attract visitors to Newcastle and contribute to our economy.
Community Assistance Program 2012 - 2013
After extensive consultation and review, The City of Newcastle Council is pleased to announce the release of the CAP Guidelines and Application forms for 2012 – 2013.
This is an extremely competitive program, and applicants must address the criteria detailed in the Policy, Guidelines, Application and associated forms.
A WORD version of the Application Form and an EXCEL version of the Budget Template are available by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org
Applications have now closed.
- CAP Community Development Grants Program GUIDELINES (233 kb)
- CAP Community Development Grants Program APPLICATION (89 kb)
- CAP Economic Development Sponsorship Program GUIDELINES (220 kb)
- CAP Economic Development Sponsorship Program APPLICATION (91 kb)
Community Assistance Program Policies
The City of Newcastle has reviewed its policies for support provided in the Community Assistance Program and these are available for your reference below.
If you are considering making a CAP application, please ensure you refer to these policies and other relevant documents.
For More Information
Please contact the Sponsorship and Business Investment Officer for more information, all relevent documents are available at www.newcastle.nsw.gov.au and please refer to Council's Grants News web page for a listing of potential support opportunities.