drug info @ your library
drug info @ your library is a joint initiative by the NSW Health Community Drug Strategies Branch and the State Library of New South Wales that provides up-to-date drug information for public libraries in NSW.
The drug info @ your library collection is comprised of books, pamphlets and online materials which are selected and regularly updated by specialist staff at the State Library of New South Wales in consultation with experts in the field.
The drug info @ your library collection provides easy to read information on:
- Commonly used drugs such as cannabis, cocaine, ecstasy, party drugs, heroin, inhalants, steroids, and tobacco
- Non-medical use of prescribed drugs
- Current issues such as drugs in sport
- Drugs and the law
- Drugs and mental health
- Alcohol, alcohol guidelines and how to cope with problem drinking
- Personal narratives and biographies
- Where to go for help and support.
Also included is information:
- To help parents and carers talk to young people about alcohol and drugs
- For students (secondary and TAFE)