The purpose of the 'Council Support for Arts and Cultural Organisations in Newcastle' funding program is to support not-for-profit arts and cultural organisations in Newcastle to be sustainable through developing projects for the city. The focus is on:
- Enabling arts and cultural organisations to create and co-present arts and cultural projects with City of Newcastle in a model that supports organisational sustainability
- Building professional relationships and capacity
- Creating a funding base in a form that organisations can leverage with other funding providers.
The project based funding opportunity involves up to three years funding on a 1+1+1 basis.
Applications are currently closed.
There are two key stages:
- Expression of Interest (EOI): An EOI is submitted by the applicant organisation. This is assessed by the Review Panel and short-listed applicants invited to submit a full project proposal.
- Full Proposal: Invited applicants submit a full project proposal with greater depth of detail and documentation. This is assessed by the Review Panel and agreements with selected applicant organisations will be offered.
Funding is open to Newcastle LGA resident not-for-profit arts and cultural organisations seeking assistance from City of Newcastle who produce arts and cultural programming and are interested in collaborating with City of Newcastle.
See the full eligibility in our Policy - Council Support for Arts and Cultural Organisations in Newcastle