Coastal Revitalisation Consultative Committee
Providing strategic guidance for the implementation of the Coastal Revitalisation Program.
Objectives and Responsibilities
To provide strategic guidance for the implementation of the Coastal Revitalisation Program, and a forum for City of Newcastle and primary external stakeholders (NSW Department of Primary Industries and Hunter Surf Life Saving) to provide consultation in the delivery of Coastal Revitalisation projects. The committee also acts as the advisory body for the Coastal Reserve Trust.
Coastal Revitalisation Committee Charter
(pdf) approved by Council 26 June 2018.
5 September 2018 - did not proceed as quorum was not present
8 November 2018
The Committee’s membership comprises three Councillors, one alternative Councillor (to attend meetings in the absence of another Councillor), and up to two representatives from Hunter Surf Life Saving and NSW Department of Primary Industry (Lands).
- Lord Mayor, Cr Nuatali Nelmes
- Cr Peta Winney-Baartz (Councillor Representative)
- Cr Carol Duncan (Councillor Representative)
- Cr Andrea Rufo (Alternate Councillor Representative).
Other attendees include:
- Chief Executive Officer
- Director Infrastructure and Property
- Manager Assets and Projects
- Manager Facilities and Recreation
- CEO Hunter Surf Life Saving Hunter
- Area Manager, NSW Department Primary Industries (Lands)
- Other Council staff.