Richley Reserve, Adventure playground
Council is constructing a district level, adventure-style play facility which will be complimented by shade, seating, bbq areas and green space. Site preparation will start in mid-April 2017 and work for stage one is scheduled for completion in August 2017, weather permitting.
The stage one work will include the path construction of Farrell’s Way, which will become the main entrance to the Richley Reserve area. This new path will provide an accessible path through to the new playground and recreation area.
Additional works will include new access paths, shade shelters, BBQ areas, landscaping works and services installation. Blackbutt Reserve is a unique environment with a diverse range of habitats and ecosystems and we will be working to ensure this is conserved throughout the
project. Access to the construction site will be restricted to ensure visitor safety, however Richley Reserve will remain open for the duration of work.
Construction works have been completed in Carnley Avenue. These works have significantly improved access and use and public amenity in this popular part of the Reserve. Improvements include:
- Black Duck Pond viewing deck
- Western picnic area shade shelters
- New reinforced concrete main paths
- Improved subsoil drainage
- New grassed picnic mound.
- Improvements to the entry from the car park
- Farrell’s Way stage 1 - main path access to the playground and amenities
- Upgrade of picnic facilities flanking the playground.