Carrington - Stormwater cleaning
Council undertakes work to remove debris from pipelines in Carrington on a proactive, bi-annual basis.
Due to the low-lying nature and minimal grade of Carrington's stormwater network, large amounts of debris can build up in the pipelines. This work ensures the network is operating at maximum capacity and also informs the location of repairs and civil works that are required.
Truck mounted water jets and a vacuum extraction cleaning process is used to carry out this work.
Below is a list of pipeline cleaning locations in Carrington.
- Elizabeth Street
- Hargrave Street to Hunter River
- Hargrave Street to Throsby Creek
- Robertson Street to Throsby Creek
- Robertson Street to Hunter River
- Howden Street to Throsby Creek
- Bourke Street
- Victoria Street to Throsby Creek
- Cowper Street (north)
- Arnold Street/Fitzroy Street to Throsby Creek
- Denison Street