Mayfield - Maitland Road pedestrian improvements
We are upgrading the pedestrian facilities on Maitland Road in Mayfield, at the intersection with Silsoe and Carrington streets, to improve access and mobility for all users.
Construction will start in late January 2019 and will take around 12 weeks to complete, weather permitting. The upgrade includes:
- Installation of new and replacement of existing stormwater drainage
- Reconstruction of all kerb returns at the intersection, including kerb extensions on the north-west and south-east corners
- Construction of kerb ramps at all pedestrian cross walks
- Adjustment of footpath pavement
- Intersection resurfacing
- Installation of line marking and adjustment of signposting.
Traffic movements will be temporarily disrupted during the work, with short-term detours in place as required. Pedestrians will be diverted around the work site.
Roads and Maritime Services recently upgraded the traffic control signals at the intersection, including provision for a new pedestrian cross walk on the eastern side. The cross walk will be finalised once the current work is complete.