The City of Newcastle operates a merit-based recruitment process. All applications will be assessed against the essential criteria of the position.
Before you apply for a position, please read the position description (available immediately following the advertisement) carefully to assess your eligibility and suitability for the job.
All applications received will become the property of the City of Newcastle.
Frequently asked questions
To apply for a vacancy at the City of Newcastle, please apply electronically, complete the online application form, and attach your resume.
- You can only attach one document with your application. If you include a cover letter, please ensure that it and your resume is included in the one document.
- There is no need to prepare selection criteria. Just answer the questions on the application page.
- Answer the questions clearly and directly, referring to your previous knowledge and experience.
The selection criteria is found at the end of the Position Description.
Completed applications must be received before midnight on the advertised closing date.
If you are short listed for interview you will be contacted by email, usually within 4 weeks of the advertised closing date. You will be advised of the interview date, time and venue.
You will need to bring with you:
- Any relevant qualifications, both original and photocopies; and
- Proof of your Right to Work in Australia, which is either your current passport OR birth certificate AND drivers licence, both original and photocopies.
If you are interested in working in a temporary or contract labour outdoor position please contact Forsythes Recruitment - Phone 02 4935 3500.
We do not consider or keep on record applications that are not directed towards a current vacancy.
If you need any adjustments to be made to the recruitment process or if you would like to discuss any accessibility requirements, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org for a confidential discussion.