Last updated 15 December 2021
City of Newcastle services and facilities have now reopened in line with NSW Government Public Health Orders (PHOs).
While no longer mandatory by the NSW Government, we strongly encourage all visitors to our cultural facilities and venues to check in using provided QR codes so we can keep our community COVID safe by recording contact details.
Stay up to date - sign up for our newsletter and receive the latest City news and updates
The safety and wellbeing of our communities, customers and employees is our top priority.
Our team is working with government partners and local stakeholders on maintaining essential services, delivering community and economic support, and planning for the City’s recovery from COVID-19.
We're responding to COVID-19 in the following ways:
- We worked with Aspen Medical Centre to establish a vaccination clinic for the disability sector at Wallsend Library for a nine week period from Monday 23 August until Friday 22 October 2021. Read more on our news page.
- Our Community and Economic Resilience Package was launched in 2020 to provide comprehensive support to help locals through the unprecedented effects of COVID-19.
- We are actively involved in the Local Emergency Management Committee's response to COVID-19 which includes police, NSW Fire Brigades, SES, Health, Transport for NSW and neighbouring councils. This is allowing us to establish joint approaches and provide consistent advice.
- We have activated the Emergency Management Action Plan (EMAP) for Newcastle. This Plan is aligned to State and National emergency plans and City of Newcastle’s suite of Emergency Management Plans. The EMAP outlines strategies for CN in accordance with readiness and key actions which CN is committed to in accordance with relevant legislation, Acts and Regulations.
- We are promoting the NSW Health as the primary source of information and health updates.
- We have created a Wellbeing Information Pack to support the general health and wellbeing of the community, and help connect people to the services they might need. Please feel free to share with your family and friends if you think they will find the information useful.
- For any questions clarifying an event classification and COVID restrictions that may apply please phone Service NSW on 13 77 88.
View our COVID Safe plan for 12 Stewart Avenue, Level 1 Council Chamber.
Stay up to date - Sign up to our newsletter and be the first to receive the latest City news and updates
Health information and support
The COVID-19 pandemic has created a lot of uncertainty in the community, especially when it comes to restrictions on what you can do and where you can go. For the latest information and public health orders, see the NSW Health COVID-19 website.
Economic stimulus package information:
Government Coronavirus (COVID-19) advice: