Darling Street Oval, Hamilton South - Grandstand
Darling Street Oval, Hamilton South, hosts football training and fixtures all year-round for schools, juniors, social as well as premier women and men’s football.
This project will deliver a new grandstand facility and upgrades to the existing amenities.
These works are in alignment with City of Newcastle’s (CN’s) 10-year Strategic Sports Plan (2020) to provide quality sports facilities, that are both functional and accessible, to meet the growing population and future demand of the Newcastle community.
Works to be completed
The Darling Street Oval work has been made possible by funding obtained from Local, State and Federal Government bodies. The work includes:
- Modification and refurbishment of existing amenities
- Demolition and removal of existing tiered seating
- Construction of a formal parking facility
- Construction of the new grandstand and amenities facility
- Supply and installation of Lift and provision of accessible facilities
- General landscaping works
The upgrades and new build works will be staged to ensure that the use of the sporting fields and amenities can continue throughout the construction work.
What is happening on site?
- Level 1 structural steel and grandstand roof complete
- External footpaths underway
- Installation of internal wall sheeting and external wall cladding underway
- Installation of external windows and doors underway. Building lock-up imminent
- New and refurbishment of Female amenities underway
- New carpark nearing completion
17 June 2023 - Multimillion-dollar grandstand upgrade underway
15 May 2023 - Newcastle footballers score multimillion-dollar grandstand upgrade