You can pay your rates in any of these ways:
- Post Billpay on the Post Billpay website using Post Billpay code 0231 or by calling 13 18 16. Your reference number can be found next to the Post Billpay logo on the bottom of your rates notice. You can also pay in person at any Australia Post outlet.
- Post Scan & Pay using your smartphone. Download the Australia Post App and scan the barcode on your rates notice.
- BPAY using your online cheque, savings or credit card account. Visit BPAY’s website www.bpay.com.au or talk to your financial institution for details. City of Newcastle Biller code is 57471
- Direct debit - set up automatic payments to come out of your account on a regular basis by using our Direct Debit Form
- Mail a cheque or money order payable to City of Newcastle crossed 'Not Negotiable' to PO Box 489, Newcastle NSW 2300
- In person by cash, cheque, EFTPOS or credit card at our Customer Service Centre,12 Stewart Avenue, Newcastle West 8:30am to 4:30pm working weekdays.
- We accept American Express, Visa and MasterCard only and a 0.75% service fee applies for credit card payments.
If you are experiencing financial difficulties there are a number of ways we can help including:
- Negotiation of special arrangements to pay rates and charges
- Write-off of accrued interest
- Deferral of rates and charges
- Financial assistance through one of four local welfare agencies we have partnered with who provide $65 vouchers towards rate payment
For further information or to discuss any of these options please contact our Debt Management Team on 02 4974 2307 or firstname.lastname@example.org.