Located in the heart of Newcastle’s Cultural Precinct, Newcastle City Hall can be found opposite Civic Park, next to Civic Theatre Newcastle, and adjoining the pedestrian mall known as Wheeler Place.
Located at 290 King Street, Newcastle, Newcastle City Hall is only a short walk to the harbour foreshore (Honeysuckle), restaurants, cafes, (Darby St) and accommodation.
How To Get To Newcastle
By Road: If approaching from the south, the M1 freeway from Sydney will have you arriving in Newcastle in just 2 hours.
By Air: Newcastle Airport (Williamtown) is the major regional airport and is located 30 minutes from Newcastle city centre. Many direct flights are available on a daily basis from Sydney, Melbourne, Canberra, Brisbane and the Gold Coast.
By Bus: Newcastle Buses have bus stops on Hunter Street outside the theatre. A Fare Free Zone is available for buses operating in the inner city daily from 7.30am until 6.00pm.
By Taxi: Two local taxi companies are Newcastle Taxis (131 008) and Newcastle Hire Cars (02 4960 1800).
There are a number of parking options surrounding Civic Theatre Newcastle. The most convenient being:
- Civic West Parking Station, located at Gibson Street and a 5 minute walk to the theatre. Open 24 hours 7 days a week (02 4926 4990).
- Wharf Road Car Park, located near the Rydges Newcastle with Entry via Centenary or Wharf Roads (1800 727 5464).
- Wright Lane Car Park, located near Newcastle Museum and a 5 minute walk to the theatre. Open 24 hours 7 days a week, with free parking on weekends (1800 727 5464).
- Civic Car Park, located behind City Library with entry via Darby St and a 5 minute walk to the theatre. Open 24 hours 7 days a week.
- On street parking & metered parking surrounding Newcastle City Hall includes King Street, Auckland Street and Hunter Street.
There are around 2000 accommodation rooms within a 10 minute radius! Explore the accommodation options on the Visit Newcastle website.