NEWCrew Volunteer Program
The NEWCrew program engages, enables and supports volunteers to enhance the experience for visitors to Newcastle and promote Newcastle as a visitor destination. As a NEWCrew volunteer, you will carry out a range of tasks with the Newcastle Visitor Information Centre (VIC) and at selected events in the city. This includes:
- sharing a passion for the city of Newcastle through story-telling and information
- providing high quality customer service to visitors and the local community in a positive, unbiased, professional and friendly manner in line with VIC accreditation requirements
- providing accurate and up-to-date information to customers on Newcastle accommodation, tours, events and activities
- helping visitors with directions, maps and other information
- collecting information about visitors and their experience of our city
For further information or to express your interest in the program, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Council is committed to protecting your privacy and takes reasonable steps to comply with all relevant legislation. The information is collected by Council for the purpose of processing your application. Your personal information will be stored in accordance with relevant legislation and will only be accessed by authorised Council Staff.
Purpose of Collection: Information required for rating purposes
Intended Recipients: City of Newcastle
Consequence of non-provision: Non process of application
Storage: Council's Electronic Document Management System
Retention Period: Records to be kept indefinitely