Wallsend Railway Goods Shed
The Wallsend Railway Goods Shed is a heritage-listed building built in 1877 on the old Newcastle Wallsend Coalmining Railway line at 76 Cowper Road, Wallsend.
The Goods Shed has a number of areas for hire. All rooms are carpeted and air-conditioned.
- The downstairs meeting room can seat 40 people and has disabled access and provision for AV presentations
- ALL CAPACITIES are dependant on Public Health Orders of the day.
There is a reasonable kitchen with kettle, stove, microwave and fridge and a servery window onto the Downstairs Meeting Room.
If you would like to book the hall please fill out our on-line booking form or contact Customer Service on (02) 4974 2000 for further information.
Please note that a minimum of 5 working days' notice is required to book this hall. Bookings made with less than 10 working days' notice will incur a late administration fee.
- Meeting Room hire fee - Charity/NFP - $11.00 per hour
- Meeting Room hire fee - Commercial/Private - $16.50 per hour
- Office hire fee - Charity/NFP - $3.00 per hour, capped at 8 hours
- Office hire fee - Commercial/Private - $8.00 per hour, capped at 8 hours
- Low risk security bond - $300
- High-risk security bond - $600
- Cleaning charge - $99.60 (for Casual events from 5:00 pm Friday to 10:00 pm Sunday, or weekdays as required)
- Late administration fee (for bookings made with between 5-10 working days notice) - $60.50
Please note: bookings are not accepted with less than 5 working days' notice