Peta Winney-Baartz was first elected in 2017.
Peta is a proud Novocastrian, raising her four children locally.
She is an Educator with over 25 years’ experience in the Family/Youth sector. Peta sits on the Board of Hunter Homeless Connect and is passionate about helping people.
She works closely with many local organisations and advocates for all.
Peta is particularly driven to engage young people and make sure they are heard.
Years of service - five.
Membership on City of Newcastle Committees:
- Chair, Infrastructure Advisory Committee
- Member, Guraki Aboriginal Advisory Committee
- Member, Public Art Advisory Committee
Membership on External Committees:
- Member, Fort Scratchley Historical Society Incorporated
- Member, Hunter and Central Coast Regional Planning Panel
- Member, Hunter Sports Centre Incorporate
- Alternate Member, Newcastle City Traffic Committee