The Wickham Master Plan (pdf) adopted by Council on 28 November 2017, outlines the vision of how the area is to evolve over a 25 year horizon from a semi-industrial suburb into a mixed use urban area reinforcing the Newcastle City Centre core within adjoining Newcastle West. The master plan also identifies strategies and actions for implementation based on extensive background investigation and consultation with key stakeholders.
The following documents provide background information related to the preparation of the Wickham Master Plan (pdf):
- The Discussion Report prepared to initiate consultation with key stakeholders regarding potential opportunities and challenges for Wickham.
- The Wickham Landowners Workshop Report (pdf) documented the engagement outcomes for establishing the vision for Wickham and prioritise the issues to be addressed within the master plan.
- The Wickham Technical Workshop Report (pdf) documented potential options identified for addressing conflicting issues and implementing opportunities as collaborated by technical experts and State agencies.
- An Economic Analysis for Wickham (pdf) prepared by AEC Group.
- A Traffic and Transport Assessment (pdf) prepared by Bitzios Consulting.
- The Community Engagement Program (pdf) delivered during the public exhibition of the draft Wickham Master Plan from April to June 2017.