Come and join the fun in the Newcastle CBD on Sunday 26 January 2020.
There’s something for everyone from dawn till dusk. Swimmers will take on Stockton Surf Lifesaving Club’s cross-harbour challenge early in the day before parkour, skateboarding, inflatables and live entertainment on the Foreshore.
A Trans-Tasman Youth Touch Football Test series will see Kiwi sides take on our best in a City-backed tournament at No.2 Sportsground; local triathletes will race alongside Paralympian Lauren Parker as she defends her 2019 Oceania Paratriathlon title* and a newly restored 80-pound gun will fire for the first time in 100 years from Fort Scratchley.
Schedule of Events
- 7am – 9.30am - Oceania Paratriathlon. Customs House Jetty
- 8am – 3pm - NRL Touch Football 2020 Youth Trans-Tasman Test Series. No 2 Sportsground
- 10am – 2pm Live Entertainment, food trucks, parkour & skateboard workshops, inflatable land and more. Queens Wharf – Foreshore Park
- 10am Newcastle Harbour Swim (Single Crossing from Stockton)
- 11am Newcastle Harbour Swim (Double Crossing from Queens Wharf).
- Canon Firing Fort Scratchley 11am, 1pm & 3pm (seven guns at 1pm). Catch re-enactments, vehicle displays and the first discharge in almost 100 years of an historic 80-pound gun following a two-year restoration project by the Fort Scratchley Historical Society.
*Wharf Rd East of Watt St & Nobbys North of Stephenson Place will all be closed from 5.30am to 9.30 am for the triathlon.
Event Partners include Touch Football Australia
, Australia Day Newcastle Harbour Swim
, City of Newcastle Oceania Paratriathlon