Smart Sustainability projects will help the community manage our precious resources more efficiently, using applied technology and innovation to create a cleaner and more sustainable future.
- The creation of a high-powered solar farm generating enough energy to power more than half of our annual electricity needs.
- Installation of solar panels on 13 City of Newcastle buildings to power our community facilities.
- Electric vehicle charging points throughout the LGA, using onsite solar panels and battery source for renewable power.
- City of Newcastle fleet transitioning to electric vehicles, and provision of e-bikes providing sustainable transport options.
- Accelerated upgrade of 5000 Street lights to LED, saving nearly 10 percent of City of Newcastle’s entire annual electricity usage.