Collection Days and Calendar
Your general waste (red lid) bin is serviced every week. Your recycling (yellow lid) and garden organics (green lid) bins are serviced on alternate weeks, on the same day as your general waste collection.
Your bins must be on the kerb by 5am on your collection day. You can help to ensure that your bins don't get missed by getting it right on bin night.
Waste collection schedule
You can find out when your kerbside bins are serviced:
- On your mobile phone using the City of Newcastle App—available now to download via the Apple Store and Google Play—simply search 'City of Newcastle'.
- By typing your address into our Waste Collection Search below. As you begin to type, your full address should appear in a drop-down list. Click on your address when it appears.
- By downloading a Waste Collection Calendar (see further below).
Note: If you already know your waste collection area, you can directly access your calendar via these links: Area 1 Calendar and Area 2 Calendar.
Download a Waste Collection Calendar
Our annual waste calendar has moved online, but you can still download a copy to print at home:
- AREA 1 Waste Calendar (PDF)
- AREA 2 Waste Calendar (PDF)
You can find your waste collection area by:
- Using the Waste Collection Search above; or
- Checking your previous calendar to see if it is marked 'Area 1' or 'Area 2'; or
- Calling our Waste Services team on 02 4974 2000.
Public holiday collections
All kerbside waste and recycling collection services will take place as usual on public holidays in 2021.