COVIDSafe Event Information
Last updated 19 August 2021
Newcastle Venues are currently closed due to the stay at home rules in place for all of NSW.
If you have any COVID-19 symptoms you should stay at home, self-isolate and get tested.
If you live in or have visited any of the NSW local government areas (LGAs) or suburbs listed on the NSW Government website in the past two weeks, get tested even if you have mild COVID-19 symptoms such as a runny nose or scratchy throat.
Newcastle Venues are ready to welcome you, with COVIDSafe trained venue and catering staff here to guide you through your planning for a safe and successful event.
Function rooms located within City Hall and the Fort Scratchley Function Centre are now available for hire, with measures in place to ensure the safety of attendees and staff. Multiple spaces are available to ensure physical distancing can be maintained.
These guidelines and capacities have been determined by the Public Health (COVID-19 Gathering Restrictions) Order (No 2) 2021.
We have the ability to cope with the ongoing Public Health Order changes and are able to assist with bringing your team back together to reconnect, or ensure your social event is celebrated in a safe and enjoyable way.
To discuss what's possible for your next event, contact the Newcastle Venues team on 02 4974 2166(*1) or send an enquiry through to email@example.com.
If you are looking to organise an outdoor event at another City of Newcastle public location, please enquire about other venues.
Tips for planning your event
Communicating with event attendees:
The safety of our community, customers and employees is our priority. Please protect yourself from the viruses:
- Clean your hands with soap and water, or hand sanitiser
- Cover your nose and mouth when you cough or sneeze
- Avoid close contact with anyone with cold or flu-like symptoms
- Ask attendees to stay home if they are feeling unwell
- Encourage attendees to bring their own notepad, pens and laptops
Before you arrive at the venue:
- Consider allocated seating and encourage people to remain seated as much as possible to minimise co-mingling between seated groups
- Consider staggering the start and finish times of different sessions to minimise crowding around the venue
- Discuss options with our Newcastle Venues team
When you arrive at the venue:
- All guests are required to electronically check-in to the venue using the Service NSW QR code provided
- Meet our Newcastle Venues team for a COVIDSafe site induction
- Conduct an event briefing with your attendees at the start of the event highlighting COVIDSafe requirements and general housekeeping
- Comply with the venue/ room capacities displayed
- Where possible maintain 1.5m physical distancing
If you would like to discuss your event requirements in more detail, our dedicated event coordinators would be pleased to assist you through this process. Please see below for other frequently asked questions.
We appreciate your patience as we navigate these changes and look forward to seeing you soon.