Where can I find the cost to hire a space?
Please visit our Fees & Charges page for further information or contact the Newcastle Venues team for a tailored quote.
What happens if I need to change my event or access times?
If your event or access times change from the times included in your hiring agreement you may be required to pay additional venue hire and/or staffing fees. If this occurs please notify the Newcastle Venues team as soon as possible.
How far in advance can bookings be made?
Bookings can be made as far in advance as you wish.
How much notice do you need to accommodate a booking on short notice?
If your booking request is within 14 days please contact the Newcastle Venues team on 4974 2166(*1) and we will do our best to accommodate you. Please note all venue hire and catering payments must be paid prior to the event.
How long will you hold a booking for without a deposit?
A tentative booking may be held for up to seven business days. In the event that someone else challenges for the date within this period you will have 24 hours to confirm the booking and after this time the hold will be released.
What is included with the venue hire?
- Room setup (including tables and chairs) as requested
- One wired microphone and lectern
- Data projector and screen
- Complimentary wifi, flipchart, whiteboard, notepads & pens upon request
- Black linen will be provided for non-catered events
- White linen crockery and glassware is included for catered events
- Venue staff are also included in your venue hire and will be on call for the duration of your event
Additional audio visual equipment will attract extra charges.
What isn't included with the venue hire?
- AV equipment in excess of that listed above
- AV technicians
What do I have to do to confirm a booking?
To confirm your venue hire booking you will need to pay the full venue hire amount and sign a venue hire agreement. If you have received a quote and would like to confirm your booking please contact us.
Which days can I come and view a space?
Site visits can be arranged Monday to Friday. Please contact Newcastle Venues to schedule a time.
Are all the spaces air-conditioned?
All spaces are air-conditioned at Newcastle City Hall.
What sort of entertainment am I allowed for my event?
Most bands, DJ and entertainers are allowed within Newcastle Venues. If you are engaging more 'out of the box' entertainers such as performers or live acts it is best to check this with your event coordinator. All third party suppliers must provide a copy of the public liability insurance to Newcastle Venues and depending on the nature of the activity may be required to submit a risk assessment.
Do you have security at the venue?
Please contact your event coordinator if you have any specific security concerns.
What accommodation options are there nearby?
Please see the Visit Newcastle website for nearby accommodation.
How much notice do I have to give to postpone a booking?
Please refer your venue hire agreement.
How much notice do I have to give to cancel a confirmed booking?
Please refer to your venue hire agreement.
Does Newcastle Venues have an exclusive decorator?
No, Newcastle Venues does not have an exclusive decorator, however Cupid's Corner are the preferred decorator of Newcastle Venues and are able to access the venues at any time to set up décor for events. The Cupid's Corner team can be contacted on firstname.lastname@example.org or 0403 284 232.
Can I use my own decorator?
Yes, you are welcome to use an external decorator. They will need to provide a copy of their public liability insurance to Newcastle Venues and you will need to ensure that they are able to complete the set up and pack down of all décor within the venue access times booked for your event.
Can I do my own decorating?
Yes, you are welcome to provide your own décor. Please see the restrictions on décor below. Any decorating done above head height needs to be completed by an insured decorator.
What time can I access the venue to set up my decorations?
Decorations need to be set up within the access time as written in your hiring agreement. This also applies to third party suppliers such as decorators, AV suppliers or entertainment.
Are there any restrictions around what types of decorations I can have in the venue?
- Decorations hung above head height need to be installed by a professional decorator.
- Candles and tea lights must be contained in holders (glass votive).
- Adhesives such as sticky tape should not be used on painted venue surfaces.
- You must receive written permission to include the following items: confetti, rice, rose petals, bubbles, floor standing candelabras, unweighted helium balloons (as they interfere with fire alarms), special effects, open flame.
- All electrical items such as fairy lights must be tagged and tested.
- The use of smoke/haze machines is not permitted.
- All decorations must be set up and removed within the access period of your venue hire. Newcastle Venues does not have space to store decorations on the premises.
- Newcastle Venues staff cannot be responsible for the set up or pack down of decorations.
Am I permitted to bring my own caterer?
Self-catering is not permitted within Newcastle Venues.
Am I allowed to bring in my own alcohol?
BYO alcohol is not permitted at Newcastle Venues.
Can I have a menu tasting?
If you would like to book a menu tasting this can be organised through your event coordinator.