Newcastle Youth Council
Newcastle Youth Council is a Strategic Advisory Committee of City of Newcastle and provides an opportunity for young people to participate in an organisation that recognises the importance of giving young people a forum to discuss and provide input into local community issues.
Newcastle Youth Council (NYC) provides an opportunity for young people aged between 15 and 25 to provide strategic advice to the City.
The Youth Council aims to:
- Reflect the interests of young people
- Raise awareness on issues affecting young people
- Organise activities in which young people can participate
- Provide an advisory group for organisations wishing to develop programs and activities for young people
- Allow for interaction between people with diverse interests and backgrounds.
The Youth Council provides an opportunity for young people to develop leadership skills through planning youth initiatives and staging events during Youth Week each year.
All meetings are 2 hours from 5pm - 7pm at Newcastle Regional Library.
Light snacks are provided. There is always an adult in attendance.
For more information please email firstname.lastname@example.org
Application to become a member of Newcastle Youth Council
Please complete the form below to register your interest in becoming a Youth Council member. We will be in contact once your application has been assessed.