What is Application Tracking?
Application Tracking enables the public to access information about development associated applications and to track the progress of an application from lodgement to determination.
You are also able to obtain information on applications that:
DA's, S96's and S82's
Applications available in application tracking include Development Applications (DA’s), applications to modify development applications (S96's) and requests to review a development application (S82's). Applications submitted after the 18th
December 2017 include documents submitted with the application, any submission received, a copy of any determination issued. The information and documents have been provided to assist in tracking the progress of an application and represent milestones in the process but are not a complete history of the application.
Applications submitted prior to December 2017 are also in the register, however documents associated with the application may not be available for download.
Complying Development Certificates
Details of Complying Developing Certificates determined by Council and Private Certifiers are viewable in application tracking. At this point in time documents relating the application are not available, unless it was submitted to Council for assessment after the 25th February 2019.
Access to documents
Work is continuing to improve the access to documents associated to an application on line.
If you are not able to find the information you are looking for contact Councils Contact Centre via:
Phone: 02 4974 2000
What developments are not in the Tracker?
Not all development proposals are submitted to Council for consideration, some are required to be submitted to the Department of Planning for assessment. Those applications include:
- State Significant Development (SSD)
- State Significant Infrastructure (SSI)
- Transitional Major Projects (former Part 3A of the Environmental Planning and Assessment Act 1979 (EP&A Act) (now repealed but some existing applications under this assessment regime)
- Other development assessed under Part 4 EP&A Act (including advertising signage and developments in the ski resort areas of the Snowy Mountains)
- Modifications to approvals of the above.
More information on applications that have been submitted in the Newcastle Local Government Area can be accessed at the Planning Portal
Terms and Conditions
If you access this website you will have taken to have agreed to the following terms and conditions:
- The documentation displayed on the website is to assist in tracking the progress of an application. It represents milestones in the application process, but is not a complete history of the application
- The tracker may not include all development applications on a site e.g. historical applications that are not in our current electronic data base will not appear in the tracker
- The contents of this website (which includes downloadable material) are subject to copyright and are protected by laws of Australia and other countries through international treaties
- By accessing this information I request to do so under Section 6 of the Government Information (Public Access) Act 2009 and I understand that Council is making the information available under the provisions of Section 6 of the Government Information (Public Access) Act 2009
- Newcastle City Council grants you a non-exclusive licence to reproduce the contents of this website in your web browser (and in any cache file produced by your web browser) for the sole purpose of viewing the content Newcastle City Council reserves all other rights
- To the maximum extent permitted by law, Newcastle City Council excludes all liability to you for loss or damage of any kind (however caused, including by negligence) arising from or relating in any way to the contents of this website and/or your use of it
- All matters relating to this website are governed by the laws of the State of New South Wales, Australia
- Persons wishing to obtain more information about an application or applications on a site should contact Council via email using firstname.lastname@example.org or by phoning 02 4974 2000 during business hours.