Blackbutt Reserve offers a range of educational experiences for young people on a variety of subjects to fit in with the NSW primary school curriculum.
Each program is designed to encourage practical hands on learning and enhance their knowledge on the environment and its conservation. Each program runs for 45 minutes and caters for up to 60 students in a group.
Blackbutt Reserve offers the following programs
- Living World - Shelter Diversity - Examining and identifying environmental shelters.
- Living World - Plant Diversity - Identifying different types of plants and their features.
- Living World - Environmental Interactions - Investigating the characteristics of living things and their proper order.
- Living World - Animal Diversity - Identifying different types of animals and their needs.
- Our Australia - Identifying Australian animals and highlighting their unique adaptations to their environment.
- Global Environments - Rainforests - Investigating and identifying a rainforest environment.
Download the program information (pdf).
A souvenir list (pdf) is available for teachers to provide students prior to the excursion, please advise office staff upon booking if you are planning on making purchases at the kiosk.
- $240 for up to 30 students (45 minute program)
- $8 per student thereafter (45 minute program)
- $45 per shelter hire (your group can have a designated area for bags and lunchtime).
To book an education experience please contact our friendly office staff:
P: 4904 3344