Mall Car Park
City of Newcastle provides one parking station for use in the city. Mall Car Park, 92 King Street, Newcastle.
For all parking enquiries please call (02) 4974 2000.
- Monday to Friday - 7am to 7pm
- Saturday 7am to 4:30pm
Fees and charges monthly parking account
Designated space - $220 per month
Unlimited access - $270 per month
Concession - $140 per month
How to lodge your application
To apply for permanent parking at Mall Car Park you need to read the terms and conditions and complete an application form.
Applications can be lodged either:
- In person at the Customer Enquiry Centre, located on the Ground Floor of 282 King Street, Newcastle. Business Hours from 8:30am to 5pm, Monday to Friday.
- By mail: City of Newcastle, PO Box 489, Newcastle NSW 2300
- By email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Fees and charges casual parking
Up to 1 hour - $4.50
Up to 2 hours - $9
Up to 3 hours - $12
Up to 4 hours - $15
4 hours + - $20
Weekly (5 days only) - $55
Daily early bird - per day for a continuous stay exceeding 7 hours
where the vehicle enter before 9:30am Monday to Friday - $10
Saturday flat rate - $5*
* As of May, 2018, the Saturday flat rate of $5 has been waived until 26 June 2019 to encourage people to shop in the CBD on weekends.
Frequently asked questions
How many spaces are available?
What happens if I lose my ticket?
- Designated space - A designated space is assigned for your use with access to the station 7am to 7pm Monday to Friday. Additional fees apply for use outside these hours.
- Unlimited access - A designated space is assigned for your use with access to the parking station 24-7.
- Concession - This pass is only available to registered not for profit organisations, i.e., Charities.
Maximum daily ticket fee applies.
How do I get my car out of the car park after it closes?
Phone 4940 7800 to arrange release of your car, Cost $80.00 release fee plus applicable parking fee.
How fast can I drive and how do I park?
There is a 10km/hr speed limit and always park forward between indicated lines.