Playground replacement program
We will be renewing three playgrounds across the City as part of the annual asset renewal program in 2021/22. Playgrounds to be renewed include McCauley Park in Tarro, Minmi Reserve in Minmi and Kotara Park in Kotara. We will also be continuing work on the new Active Hub in Wallsend.
The selected playgrounds were identified from a biennial playground safety audit we undertook on all of our playground sites across the City. From this safety audit every playground is given a condition rating which determines its priority within our renewal program.
McCauley Park, Tarro
The proposed play area has been designed to cater for a wide range of ages and will include swings, slides, climbing and balancing components. A community opening will be held at McCauley Park on Sunday 26 June from 12pm to 2pm.
Minmi Reserve, Minmi
The replacement of the playground at the Minmi Reserve will commence in early 2022 with all new creative, cognitive and inclusive features such as a multiplay unit, balancing trails and sensory bridge. Minmi Reserve will be officially opened on Sunday 26 June at 10am with a community event.
2020/2021 Completed Playground Replacements
- Dangar Park, Mayfield
- Gross Street Reserve, Tighes Hill
- King Edward Park, Cooks Hill
- Novocastrian Park, New Lambton
- Stevenson Park, Mayfield West
2019/2020 Completed Playground Replacements
- Coldstream Reserve, Rankin Park
- Brickworks Park and Carrington Street Reserve, Wallsend
- Learmonth Park, Hamilton South
- Islington Park, Islington
2018/2019 Completed Playground Replacements
- Cressington Way Reserve, Wallsend
- Fletcher Street Reserve, Adamstown
2017/2018 Completed Playground Replacements
- Grahame Park, Carrington
- Bull and Tourle Street Reserve, Mayfield West
- Smith Park, Hamilton North
- Wallsend Park, Wallsend
View the locations of all of the city's playgrounds here.