Development Control Plan (DCP)
The Development Control Plan (DCP) contains detailed planning and design guidelines to support the provisions in the Local Environmental Plan. Its purpose is to provide guidance for those proposing to carry out development in the Newcastle LGA under a development or modification application.
City of Newcastle (CN) is pleased to allow the Newcastle DCP 2012 to be reproduced in whole or in part, provided the meaning is unchanged and the source, publisher and authorship are acknowledged.
Should you have any queries regarding the Newcastle Development Control Plan 2012, please contact CN's Customer Contact Centre on 02 4974 2000.
- The Community Participation Plan (The Plan) is operational from 25 November 2019 and replaces Section 8 Public Participation. Please refer to the Plan for revised participation requirements.
- The Newcastle Development Control Plan 2012 is provided to assist you with the preparation of Development Applications. The provisions of the DCP are largely assessment criteria to be used in the assessment of Development Applications. However, some local circumstances may apply to any particular development site or proposal that warrant separate consideration outside the framework of Newcastle Development Control Plan 2012. Accordingly, compliance with the provisions does not guarantee development approval, nor will non compliance with the provisions necessarily result in refusal of an application. CN does not accept any liability for your interpretation of the applicability or non applicability of the elements to your particular development proposal.
- 0.00 Table of Contents
- 1.00 Introduction
- 2.00 How to Use this DCP
- 3.00 Landuse Specific Provisions
- 4.00 Risk Minimisation Provisions
- 5.00 Environmental Protections Provisions
- 6.00 Locality Specific Provisions
- 7.00 Development Provisions
- 8.00 Public Participation - repealed
- 9.00 Glossary
- Technical Manuals and Additional Information
- Urban Forest Technical Manual
Technical Manuals provide more detailed or supportive information to the Newcastle Development Control Plan 2012.
Technical Manuals can be downloaded here or purchased separately to the Newcastle Development Control Plan 2012 from Council's Customer Contact Centre. The Technical Manuals are also included in the CD version of the Newcastle Development Control Plan 2012.