We will make every effort to ensure disruptions to traffic, businesses, pedestrians and residents are minimised during works.
Maintenance of Lambton Road Bridge at Broadmeadow
What we’re doing
Bridge strengthening works will be undertaken at Lambton Road Bridge, Broadmeadow from Monday 4 February to Friday 5 April requiring closure of the footpath on the northern side of bridge.
All traffic lanes will be closed all weekend from 5am Saturday 9 March until 12am Monday 11 March. Traffic detours will be in place.
To improve rail network safety, we’re working on:
- Footpath resurfacing works
- Bridge strengthening works to extend service life
- Bridge maintenance works
- Sydney Trains is undertaking this work on behalf of NSW TrainLink.
How this affects you
Traffic, Pedestrian footpaths and parking
- These works may create additional noise at night and over the weekend
- Work will take place from 7am Friday 8 March until 2am Monday 11 March
- Working hours for the remainder of the period between Monday 4 February and Friday 5April will take place between 7am to 6pm on weekdays
- Equipment may be delivered to the worksite outside working hours. Some deliveries may occur at night due to travel restrictions on large vehicles
- Finishing works may take place following this period, including the removal of equipment.
- The footpath on the northern side of the bridge will be closed from Monday 4 February to Friday 5 April. To cross the bridge pedestrians will need to use the footpath on the southern side of the bridge. Pedestrians can walk from the southern to northern footpath via a stairway which takes them under the bridge
- All traffic lanes will be closed all weekend from 5am Saturday 9 March until 12am Monday 11 March. Traffic detours will be in place
- Heavy vehicles will be using local streets to access the rail corridor
- While we will park our vehicles inside the rail corridor where possible, please be aware that on-street parking may be limited near worksites.
We apologise for any inconvenience and thank you for your cooperation during these essential works.
For project information: transportnsw.info/regional
To report environmental concerns (24hours) 1300 656 999
Temporary Road Closures
The following streets will be temporarily closed to vehicular traffic to conduct the event listed below. The closures are in accordance with Roads Act, 1993, Part 8, Division 1.
Frederick Street, Merewether
Frederick Street in Merewether is closed between Patrick Street and Helen Street for up to six months from August 2018 while we carry out road and drainage renewal works in Frederick Street. We will provide resident access via Patrick Street during this time.
Newcastle Road, Jesmond
On behalf of Roads and Maritime Services (RMS) we are undertaking road resurfacing work on Newcastle Road, Jesmond, between Steel Street and the Newcastle Inner City Bypass. Night work will occur from Sunday 17 February to Wednesday 20 February between 7pm and 5am and on Thursday 21 February between 7pm and 3am.
This work will generate noise at night and will require a partial road closure. Traffic control will be in place and delays can be expected.
Beaumont Street, Hamilton
Beaumont Street, Hamilton - between Hudson Street and Fern Street will be closed from 6am Saturday 2 March to Sunday 3 March 2019. The closure is to allow for track work on the level crossing at Beaumont Street, Hamilton.
Road Rehabilitation and Resurfacing
Due to Council road work minor traffic disruptions may be experienced at the following locations - find out more.