Watch democracy in action with our live webcast of Council and Committee meetings. Check out the FAQs below for more information.
- View the Ordinary Council Meeting 23 June 2020 on the day by clicking on the play button below.
NB: To view the previous webcasts listed below, you will need Adobe Flash to be installed or an IOS operating system. It is noted that newer Samsung devices might have issues playing the Webcast.
What meetings can I view?
Ordinary Council Meetings and Committee Meetings (Public Voice Committee, Briefing Committee and Development Applications Committee) are broadcast. Confidential sessions of Council meetings will not be broadcast.
How long are meetings kept for viewing?
Council meetings will be available online for a period of four months and then will be removed. See archived meetings above.
Why has my screen gone blank?
If the webcast stream goes blank during a meeting, this will likely indicate the Council has entered into a confidential session.
Where can I give feedback on the webcast?
Council will monitor webcasts and make improvements as required to enhance the service. If you would like to provide some feedback, please complete the form at Compliments, Complaints and Feedback.
Are there any rules around webcasting?
At the start of each Meeting that will be Webcast, the Chairperson must advise the Meeting room that the Meeting will be Webcast. City Of Newcastle accepts no liability for any defamatory remarks that are made during the course of a meeting.
The webcast has poor resolution
The quality of the webcast will depend on your PC's memory and internet connection bandwidth.
- An internet connection with an ADSL1 or greater bandwidth speeds
- PC computers running Windows XP (or later) and using the latest web browser version of Firefox, Chrome or Internet Explorer
- Apple Macintosh computers running OSX 10.5 (or later) and using the latest web browser version of Safari, Firefox or Chrome
- The latest version of Adobe Flash Player installed - the software can be found at https://get.adobe.com/flashplayer/.
The live webcast (or archived meeting) can be viewed on mobile devices running iOS or Android operating systems.
The video quality of the webcast will depend greatly on the speed/strength of your Wi-Fi or mobile 3G/4G connection. It is noted that newer Samsung devices might have issues playing the Webcast.