You can use your green lid bin for:
- Garden prunings
- Grass clippings
- Leaves and bark
- Small branches and twigs
Don't place these items in your green lid bin:
- Animal droppings
- Bags of any type, including plastic bags, potting mix bags, hessian or geotextile bags
- Bagged garden waste
- Clumps of root material. such as cocos palms and bougainvilleas
- Food and kitchen scraps, including fruit and vegetables
- Soil, potting mix, bricks or construction waste
- Trees stumps and large limbs
- General rubbish and recyclables.
Note: You can dispose of excess garden waste at Summerhill Waste Management Centre using a bulk waste self-haul voucher, or by paying the garden organics disposal charge.