We have completed various projects to make cycling in our city safer and easier for everyone.
Major works include:
- First phase of the City Centre to Merewether Beach Cycleway project. Works included a 1.1 kilometre, 2.5m-wide, bi-directional shared path along Watkins Street and Coane Street, between Watkins and John Parade.
- Separated cycleways between National Park Street and Worth Place on Hunter Street. The Hunter Street Trial Cycleway Project received $525,000 in funding as part of the NSW Government's Streets as Shared Spaces Program.
- Shared pathway through Alder Park from Bridges Road through to St James Road and a new shared path between Mackie Avenue and Errington Avenue, connecting Alder Park to the R4 regional cycleway
- Extension of shared path at Scenic Drive, Merewether Heights and new cyclist refuge and crossing at Merewether Heights
- New shared paths in Brickworks Park and Victory Parade.
- New shared pedestrian and cyclist pathway in Hamilton on the northern side of Donald Street between Samdon Street and Selma Street
- Shared pathway through Islington Park
- Shared pathway on Scholey Street bridge, Islington
- Shared path along Park Avenue, Kotara connecting the R4 cycleway at Kullaiba Road to Bridges Road
- Shared path along Jackson Street, Broadmeadow connecting Hunter Stadium to Griffiths Road
- Shared path circuit around Lambton Park
- Replacement of shared pathway between Lambton Road and Hunter Stadium
- In collaboration with Transport for NSW, we have completed a shared pathway on Scott Street, between Market Street and Telford Street in Newcastle East.
Major cycleway works are also integral to the Coastal Revitalisation and City Centre Revitalisation Priority Projects.
Find a cycleway or route